SA Metal Group is South Africa’s oldest and largest metal recycling company, and proudly turns 100 years old in 2019. The Group purchases and processes all forms of ferrous metals (steel and others) and non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper and others) from industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals. Our processing facilities are located in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The Engineering Department in Gauteng has a vacancy for a hardworking, dedicated individual to join their team. Our comprehensive in-house technical facilities, staffed by qualified Engineers and Artisans, are responsible for our machines and equipment. The successful candidate will report to the Engineering Manager. His/ her tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Quality control of repairs to equipment
- Attending breakdowns
- Hydraulic and mechanical fault finding on equipment
- Monitor and instruct outside service providers performing repairs and services.
- Carry out routine inspections on machines.
- Do planned and unplanned maintenance on machines
- Do repairs on Mobile and Stationary machines
- Commission machine after service provider repair work done
- Detect Mechanical and Electrical Faults on equipment
- Repairs and maintains Diesel and Electrical Powered equipment
- Follows work assignments received in the form of verbal or written work instructions
- Determines the extent of the needed repair
- Performs checks and services on a regular basis and detects possible faults and flaws on affected equipment
- Improvises necessary solutions as and when needed
- Travels from one site to another often in remote areas and unusual work hours
- Report to Engineering office and works hand in hand with on-site Fitters
Applicants must have the following qualifying criteria:
- A Red Seal or equivalent qualification for Earth Moving Equipment and/or Industrial Machinery.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification working experience
- Experience on Industrial machinery a must
- Experience in Diesel and Electric Powered machines essential.
- Management and supervisory skills a must.
- Ability to work in challenging conditions
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Be deadline driven
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Have a valid code 8 driver’s license
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Must have sober habits
- Enjoy practical and manual work & be able to work in a pressurized environment
- Physically fit
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Sound understanding of an array of tools and technical equipment
- Be able to use Computerized Maintenance Management System (C Works)
- Applicants with Industrial Diesel engine, and/or Earth moving equipment, and/ or Industrial machinery experience, will be preferred.
Interested applicants are required to forward their CV. We regret that we cannot contact all applicants regarding their status. Should you not be contacted by us within 14 days from the date of your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.